Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Passions and careers

I love insects, and reptiles, and all animals except pandas- i'll probably explain this later. Dogs listen to me, as far as cats go I have more luck with them than most, my gecko is a spaz until he gets to sit on my shoulder and hear Mumford and Sons with me. I get animals. I love researching insects, and studying them.
I've always been afraid FOR bugs, never of. I'm afraid of bees because if they sting me they die and that would be awful for them.  I'm afraid for spiders because I cry like every freaking time I accidentally drown them in my tub.  I just understand them, I can relate to them.
I told people since I was 6  I wanted to be an entomologist.
But, as much as I would kill to see Thailand and the Golden Beetle, I can't make that a career. it's not a money thing, it's the fact that sooner or later it would be a JOB.
Superheroes in movies- the good kind- stay a secret and only do their job when they have to.  I don't wanna ever get tired of finding a Stagmomantis Californica on my Facebook feed the way no one should ever tire of saving the world. I certainly don't want to ever be tired of going to Thailand and seeing a Golden Beetle.

SO.... I'm gonna try to post a new insect a week. To force me to follow my passion, and keep it a part of my life without making it my whole life.

Today is Stagmomantis Californica
California Mantis
Fairly small, easy molters (for those trying to breed them)
Neon green

No comments:

Post a Comment