Monday, September 9, 2013

A love poem for the self proclaimed obsessive compulsive

I like to think somewhere out there, someone is washing their hands 22 times and reading this and smiling.

I love you more
than buttons in drawers
lined up in neat little piles,
even if they're by color,
and size and hole number,
i'd mix em if it'd make you smile.

I'd tangle my cables
organized under the table
just to help you find a pencil,
and clutter my desk,
helping you ace a test,
and not bother using a state certified Scantron hole filling in stencil.

I know these rhymes
aren't exactly prime
and i'm ignoring the uneven prose,
but you help me feel sane
and forget to alphabetize change
you make me stop and smell each rose.

:3
No disrespect to people with OCD, but as someone who loves to laugh things off and organize the grocery store conveyor belt EVERY SINGLE TIME I thought this was due.

No comments:

Post a Comment